Vick Audio Mount Pleasant Overdrive
Several years ago, I had a chance to try out an old Marshall Blues Breaker pedal and was blown away by it. However as much as I liked the pedal it had some issues that I thought could be improved.
I felt the original was very bright, needed a little more gain and needed more output since it was not able to reach unity volume at the lowest gain settings. All these problems are easily overcome so I began working on a design. The result is a wonderful sounding low to medium gain overdrive that will work well for blues, rock and a variety of other applications..
- NC (No Cut) - This is the stock tone setting for the Mt Pleasant
- HC1 (High Cut 1) – This removes more highs than HC2.
- HC2 (High Cut 2) – This removes less highs than HC1
With the exception of the toggle switch the controls are your standard volume gain and tone controls. The tone stack has been modified from the original pedal to give a more balanced response but I added a high cut switch to give you a couple of additional options. I would recommend using NC (No Cut) option unless you have a particularly bright set up or for some rhythm or bass applications. The Mount Pleasant is particularly responsive to pickup selection giving warm full tones towards the neck and bright singing tone when you switch towards the bridge.
- 3PDT True Bypass switch
- High Quality US made PCB construction
- Neutrik Audio Jacks
- Powder Coated Enclosure
- Uses 2.1 mm Boss style power jack (power supply not included), no internal 9V battery clip
- Hand-wired, boutique quality, made in USA
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.