Valco KGB Fuzz
The KGB is designed specifically to work with K (keys, synths), G (guitar) and B (bass). The Variable Input Impedance works best with passive instruments (guitar / bass) and allows tone-sculpting with or without the fuzz circuit engaged.
- Variable Input Impedance Selection.
- Multi-mode Silicon Fuzz, covering ’Two Knob’, ‘ToneBender’, ‘Muff’ and ‘Velcro’ fuzz styles.
- Blend fuzz / dry mix fader.
- Polarity Reverse Switch
Lower settings yield softer dynamics / transients with a notable ‘rounded/vintage’ feel and tone. Higher settings gives a sharper high frequency response with a more direct / aggressive transient feel and more perceived gain. This makes for a great ’shaping’ control, where you can tune the pedal for its best response to the pickups you are using and how you want them to react/feel.
- Impedance Selector - changes the input impedance value, allowing you to change the tonality of the fuzz, dry signal, or any other pedal down the line. Recreates lower impedance sounds of vintage fuzz pedals. Allows you to alter/tune the transient/dynamic response of your guitar and signal path.
- LINE / INST Switch - activates the Impedance Selector when set to ‘Inst’. In ‘Line’ position, impedance is fixed.
- Blend Fader - controls the mix between your fuzz and dry signal. Fully up is 100% fuzz. Fully down is 100% clean but with the signal routed through the Impedance Selector.
- FUZZ - controls the amount of Fuzz.
- TONE - controls the tonal voicing. Tone is modified by the 4-position rotary switch, bypassed completely when the Voice is set to OFF.
- LEVEL - controls the overall output volume of the Fuzz section/circuit. Increased output headroom so you’ll never go unheard!
- PHASE - 0/180- reverses the Dry audio signal polarity to be used in conjunction with the BLEND function. 180 setting allows for some frequency cancellation between the DRY and FUZZ signals, and is used for alternative Blended tones.
- VOICE - selects the fuzz voice. See below for further details.
VOICE SELECTOR - OFF- 'Tone Bypass’. Acts as a ‘2 Knob’ fuzz, using FUZZ and LEVEL controls only. ‘Mid Scoop’. Introduces a 1Khz EQ dip, giving a ‘Muff’ style fuzz. ‘3 Knob Mode’. A more neutral EQ curve with increased mid focus. Great for both rhythm and lead fuzz tones. ‘Gated’. Using the same EQ circuit as Voice 2, Voice 3 configures the fuzz section to enter deep bias saturation with the introduction of an extra input drive stage. The more you drive, the more gnarly and gated the sound becomes. The classic gated/starved fuzz sound.
The analog circuitry includes a fully regulated analog ground for maximum immunity form hum, power supply variations and battery aging. All active components are surface mounted. PCBs and ribbon are cables used throughout. No unreliable point‐to point wiring. Lead and cadmium free construction (RoHS).
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.