[USED] Hudson Broadcast Dual Switch Preamp Overdrive
Transformer coupled Class A Pre-amplifier
We’ve taken the great sound of the Broadcast and added the extra flexibility of foot switchable gain modes and separate level controls for those who like to switch gain modes on the fly. Finished in battleship grey with dark red Marconi style knobs.
We have made the gain mode (LOW or HIGH) select-able via the right hand foot switch (the green LED indicates when the pedal is in HIGH gain mode). Each mode its own LEVEL control and in addition, the pedal has two internal trimmers that allow you to fine tune the amount of gain each mode has.
The Broadcast is a transformer coupled, discrete Class-A germanium pre-amplifier based on the classic broadcast consoles of the 1960’s. In the low-gain setting, the Broadcast Dual FW can cover everything from sparkling clean boost through to transparent overdrive, all with a healthy dose of volume available to push your amp. The Broadcast Dual FW features a specially selected Triad steel-core transformer and a Germanium transistor. Advancing the gain on the Broadcast Dual FW starts to saturate the transformer and the pedal’s discrete circuitry, giving rise to a gentle and dynamic compression coupled with subtle thickening of the mid-range. With the gain switch in the high setting and the trim control wound up, the Broadcast Dual FW starts to deliver heavier distorted sounds with a warm and fuzzy edge to them. The Broadcast Dual FW covers a wide range of driven and distorted tones whilst remaining dynamic, responding well to pick attack and the subtle nuances of every player.
- Selected Germanium and Silicon transistors
- TRIAD Magnetics steel-core transformer
- BI Technologies potentiometers
- Lumberg jack sockets (rated for >5000 cycles)
- Heavy duty Alpha foot switches (wired for true bypass and rated for >30,000 cycles)
- Each and every Hudson Electronics pedal is built by hand onto a high-end PCB.
Assembly, hand-wiring, testing and packaging is all done by Michael Hudson
- LEFT FOOT SWITCH - Bypasses the pedal (red LED indicates the pedal is active)
- RIGHT FOOT SWITCH - Toggles between LOW and HIGH gain modes (green LED indicates HIGH gain mode is selected)
- LEVEL LOW - Controls the volume of the pedal in LOW gain mode
- LEVEL HIGH - Controls the volume of the pedal in HIGH gain mode
- GAIN TRIM - Controls the gain level (both in LOW and HIGH gain modes) of the Broadcast (at higher settings the high-end of the signal is gently rolled off)
- LOW CUT - Attenuates the low-end of the Broadcast Dual FW (since this control lies at the front end of the unit’s circuitry, it is interactive with the gain controls) INTERNAL TRIMMERS - Sets the total amount of gain available in each mode.
- DC SOCKET - The Broadcast Dual FW requires a DC power supply unit (PSU) and can run at voltages between 9v and 24v; running the Broadcast Dual FW at 18v or 24v gives it more headroom, output level and clarity. This is great for use with bass or when using the Broadcast Dual FW as a clean pre-amp boost.
- The Broadcast Dual FW requires a DC power supply unit (PSU). Please ensure your PSU can supply between 9v and 24v, a minimum current of 20mA and has a 2.1mm negative centre barrel plug. Any other type may damage your pedal. If you plan on sharing the same PSU with other pedals, we recommend using a PSU with isolated outputs, e.g. Voodoo Labs ISO-5 / Pedal Power 2 Plus.
- CURRENT DRAW - 20mA
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.