ThroBak ER-Custom PAF Humbucker Pickup Set, Aged Nickel
Neck 7.9K , Bridge 8.3K, Short A5 magnets.
The ER-Custom name is a nod to well know Austin Texas luthier and repairman Ed Reynolds and his help with developing this special set of vintage PAF humbucker pickups. Ed was on a search for a set of humbucker pickups that met the needs of one of his well known clients. The result of this collaboration with Ed is a full sounding, punchy, mid dominant vintage PAF pickup repro with a pleasing high end. ER-Custom MXV pickups sound great in solid body LP style and semi-hollow ES-335 style guitars. The ER-Custom MXV set is a popular upgrade option for Collings electric guitars. ER-Custom humbucker pickups are wound on the ThroBak vintage Leesona-102 to complete the Maximum Vintage specs.
- Vintage PAF clone Butyrate bobbins tooled and molded in the USA to vintage specs..
- Coils wound on vintage Leesona 102 winder for unsurpassed vintage winding accuracy.
- PAF repro baseplates tooled and stamped in the USA for ThroBak.
- 50's PAF repro covers stamped in USA and Nickel plated (with no Copper) at the same Kalamazoo shop that plated vintage PAF covers.
- Pole screws with vintage alloys cloned from 50's vintage PAF screws with cold form die tooled for ThroBak.
- Slugs with vintage alloys cut with a vintage Brown and Sharpe automatic screw machine for correct vintage look.
- Vintage Spec. Plain Enamel 42AWG magnet wire made with vintage coating and processes.
- Alnico magnets custom cast in the USA with vintage formulations.
- Vintage correct braided wire.
- Made in USA.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.