Tech 21 PSA 2.0 SansAmp Programmable Instrument Preamp
Originally introduced in 1993, the SansAmp PSA-1 rackmount, and later PSA-1.1, quickly became studio staples. The SansAmp PSA has been used on thousands of major releases, worldwide tours and film soundtracks for multiple applications and instruments --including horns, vocals, and drums. Sadly, necessity forced retirement from production, as certain key parts were no longer available. We realized this was an opportunity not only to redesign it, but to streamline its architecture into a pedal. The SansAmp PSA 2.0 offers the same 100% analog circuitry for punchy, responsive, organic sounds that bring out the best in any instrument. Only the programming and memory sections are digital. It also offers the same operational simplicity, essential functionality and dizzying versatility.
In the studio, you can record direct, enhance existing tracks in mixdowns, as well as add interesting touches to any instrument. Live, the SansAmp PSA 2.0 can be used as a pre-amp direct into a power amp with guitar or bass speaker cabinets, as a “monster direct box” to a P.A. system (or both simultaneously), and as an outboard processor. Additionally, the PSA 2.0 features a Performance Mode, which turns it into a 3-channel stompbox.
- 100% analog signal path
- Digital programmability
- Performance Mode to instantly access your 3 most often used presets
- Buzz, Punch, Crunch, and Drive for tons of tonality options
- Gain for different flavors of overdrive
- Dual band active EQ, cut or boost ±18dB
- Global Trim control to adjust the level of all presets
- MIDI capability for calling up programs and storing program data
- Special Page Functions
The controls work very much like those found on a sophisticated amp. You don’t need any special training or a degree in physics to operate your unit. Storing and recalling programs is simple: set your tones and push the Save button. When you turn a knob, you hear the difference immediately --in real time. The rotation of each control increases and decreases in a smooth, gradual, linear fashion. There are 49 factory presets and 77 memory locations to store your own custom sounds, plus two bypass programs. When you switch between programs, there is no lag time, or “cutting out.” The SansAmp PSA 2.0 is designed to provide you with the flexibility to find almost any conceivable tonal personality within the tube amplifier sound spectrum. And then some.
- 1/4-inch 1 megOhm instrument level input
- 1/4-inch unbalanced low Z universal output
- Speaker simulation defeat switch
- 3-digit LED display, visible from any angle and in any lighting
- Rugged, all-metal housing
- Metal footswitches and jacks
- Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuators
- Measures 7.75”l x 2.5”w x 1.25”h
- Weighs just 12 oz.
- Utilizes included 9V DC Universal Power Supply: Model #DC9. “Auto-switching,” self-adjusting 100V240V, 200mA. Includes interchangeable international prong assemblies for EU, UK, Australia/New Zealand for use anywhere in the world.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.