Pettyjohn PreDrive Studio
Regular price $449.00
Not all items are stocked at our Deerfield Beach location. If you're local, please contact us before visiting.
Powered by two Studio Grade Discrete Opamps, the PreDrive Studio builds on the original PreDrive and LIFT pedal offerings, now featuring even more gain on tap, extended filter range, high headroom, dual power rail design with 9V-18V standard pedal power operation and a whole slew of circuit optimizations along with improved, robust construction. Most notably, The PreDrive Studio now offers fully balanced In and Out connections via TRS, along with standard un-balanced connections for instruments, making the PreDrive Studio the ultimate studio Swiss army knife. The PreDrive Studio Input can be selected as standard unbalanced for instruments or switched to a line level balanced input that readily excepts any balanced signal from your interface, patch bay, recording console, or even microphone! The balanced output continuously mirrors the unbalanced output without any tonal change, very handy in a number of creative studio applications. With the PreDrive Studio, you can easily and seamlessly interface between the unbalanced world of instruments and pedals and the balanced world of recording equipment. The PreDrive can be used as a powerful and flexible re-amping tool, however, the options only start there with many more to choose from! You can easily interface a variety of guitar pedals into your mixing path, process line or microphone signals with pedals without quality degradation, re-amp or simply use it as a audiophile grade direct box.
Two Discrete Opamp Gain Stages
- Input Gain: The controls the gain of the always-on buffer stage. Leave all the way down for unity gain buffering or add some gain to a low level signal, even in buffer mode.
- Boost Gain: Foot-switchable boost stage, transparently and musically increases the discrete Opamp based preamp gain up to 30 dB with virtually no distortion or artifacts.
- Lows Control: Wide-range sweep-able low cut filter allows for custom tailoring of the low end going into the drive engines. Go from full bass response to tight with a sweep range from 20hz to beyond 1Khz with a 6dB per octave slope for musical sweetening.
- Highs Control: An audiophile approach to a High Cut Filter using the famed Auricap. Clear, defined and sweet through out it’s wide frequency sweep, from 22KHz down to 1 kHz, with a gentle 6 dB per octave slope. Left Mini-Toggle bypassed EQ section when its not needed
- Dual-rail power section with 9V to 18V operation range, providing 18V-36V of voltage swing for huge internal headroom while drawing around 50mA
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.