Pettyjohn Iron Overdrive
Regular price $229.00
Not all items are stocked at our Deerfield Beach location. If you're local, please contact us before visiting.
The Pettyjohn Iron is the first offering in their new single pedal format, The Foundry Series, and it draws inspiration from the left channel of the flagship Signature overdrive, The PettyDrive. The Iron is built with the same audiophile components as its predecessor so it retains the smooth, harmonically rich edge-of-breakup to full-throttle overdrive tones found in the original. The Iron has been voiced to provide a large range of gain and tone shaping to compliment any playing style and be at home in any rig as a foundational part of a player’s sound.
- Wide gain range with 3 wide sweet spot zones: Zone 1: Low Gain Harmonically Rich Preamp/Boost Zone 2: Touch sensitive, Edge of Break Up Zone 3: Fully saturated Lead Channel Overdrive
- Clean Mix control: Features a warm bypass preamp circuit for adding extra depth and transparency
- Clipping Selection: Three carefully selected Clipping options for distinctly usable breakup characteristics include MOSFET, LED, and Asymmetrical Silicon
- Low Cut Selection: Three carefully selected Low Cut frequencies interact with the gain control and clipping section to provide easy recall for different guitars, amps, even bass!
- High Cut: Musical passive tone circuit with an Orange Drop tone cap for authentic vintage amp style tone shaping
- High Performance Power: Dual-rail power section with 9V to 18V operation range, providing 18V-36V of voltage swing for huge internal headroom while drawing under 100mA
- Audiophile, Studio-Grade Performance in a Pedal: Burr Brown OPA series high-performance audiophile Op-Amps Audiophile grade, through-hole 1% Metal Film resistors Top shelf WIMA and Silver Mica caps used in tone sensitive operations Internally Direct Coupled stages for purest signal path possible Lead-Free PCB constructed with Audiophile Lead-free Silver Solder Extremely Low Noise
- Extra JRC4558 chip included for additional tonal options
- True-Bypass Switching
- Custom Box and Circuit Handmade in Oregon, USA
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.