Hudson Sidecar Overdrive
Germanium Clipping Overdrive
The Sidecar is Hudson's take on the classic 808 circuit with the added versatility of a powerful two-band EQ which draws inspiration from a vintage Studer recording console. Packed with attitude and full of character, the Sidecar can cover classic overdrive and distortion as well as (at extreme settings) fuzz and boost.
The front end of the Sidecar is a modified version of the classic 808 overdrive, tuned for a bigger low-end, wider gain range and greater headroom. At the heart of the clipping section lie a pair of germanium diodes transistor chosen for their ‘softer’ response characteristics, retaining your playing dynamics and feel.
The powerful two-band Baxandall equaliser section follows the drive section and provides up to 15dB of cut and boost of the high and low bands, allowing you to sculpt your tone while remaining musical at all times.
- High-Performance, High-Fidelity Audio Operational Amplifier
- A pair of Germanium diodes
- Alpha / BI potentiometers
- Lumberg jack sockets (rated for >5000 cycles)
- Heavy duty Alpha foot switches (wired for true bypass and rated for >30,000 cycles)
- Each and every Hudson Electronics pedal is built by hand onto a high-end PCB. Assembly, hand-wiring, testing and packaging is all done by Michael Hudson
- DRIVE – Regulates how hard the pedal is driven.
- BASS – Adjusts the low end content of the signal, +/- 15 dB at 85 Hz (shelving).
- TREBLE – Adjusts the high end content of the signal, +/- 15 dB at 8800 Hz (shelving).
- LEVEL – Sets the overall output level.
- A standard 9-24 volt DC regulated power supply with a 2.1mm negative tip barrel plug. Running at higher voltages will give you more headroom, less distortion and less compression and sag. This is perfect for use on bass, baritone and low tuned guitars.
- Current Draw: 50mA
Full two year Warranty
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.