Hudson Broadcast Preamp Overdrive
Transformer coupled Class A Pre-amplifier
The Broadcast is a transformer coupled, discrete Class-A germanium pre-amplifier based on the classic broadcast consoles of the 1960’s. In the low-gain setting, the Broadcast can cover everything from sparkling clean boost through to transparent overdrive, all with a healthy dose of volume available to push your amp.
The Broadcast features a specially selected Triad steel-core transformer and a Germanium transistor. Advancing the gain on the Broadcast starts to saturate the transformer and the pedal’s discrete circuitry, giving rise to a gentle and dynamic compression coupled with subtle thickening of the mid-range. With the gain switch in the high setting and the trim control wound up, the Broadcast starts to deliver heavier distorted sounds with a warm and fuzzy edge to them. The Broadcast covers a wide range of driven and distorted tones whilst remaining dynamic, responding well to pick attack and the subtle nuances of every player.
- Selected Germanium and Silicon transistors
- TRIAD Magnetics steel-core transformer
- BI Technologies potentiometers
- Lumberg jack sockets (rated for >5000 cycles)
- Heavy duty Alpha foot switches (wired for true bypass and rated for >30,000 cycles)
- Each and every Hudson Electronics pedal is built by hand onto a high-end PCB.
- Assembly, hand-wiring, testing and packaging is all done by Michael Hudson
- Low Cut - Attenuates the low-end of the Broadcast. Since this control lies at the front end of the
- Broadcast’s circuitry, it is interactive with the gain controls.
- Gain Switch - Selects low or high gain mode.
- Gain Trim - Controls the gain level of the Broadcast. At higher settings the high-end of the signal is gently rolled off.
- Level - Controls the overall volume of the pedal.
Current Draw: Typically less than 20mA
Dimensions: 105 x 120 x 60 mm
Full two year Warranty
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.