Dr Scientist Phreak
Phreak is a digitally controlled ring modulator. At its heart is an FV-1 DSP engine delivering crisp ring modulator tones. The digital side brings a whole bunch of convenient and powerful features like controlling the ring modulator frequency, tap tempo, MIDI, 8 LFOs, a tunable ring modulator, 7 optional DSP ring mod effects and a path to strange new ring modulator sounds.
- 3 Ring Modulator Modes, 8 LFO Waveforms in a small form factor
- Custom programmed DSP effects with all analog dry signal path
- USB firmware updating (PC required)
- Updated power input circuitry
- Premium parts and components throughout
- True Bypass with soft touch relay switching
- MIDI implementation of all digital controls
- Expression pedal/CV control over Ring Mod Frequency (Phreak)
- Top mounted audio and power jacks
- Designed and handmade in B.C., Canada
- PHREAK – Mode dependent. Controls Ring Mod Frequency or Frequency Range.
- MIX – Sets the amount of dry signal versus wet signal.
- VOLUME – Analog volume control.
- MODE – Select 1 of 3 operating modes (Set, Envelope, LFO).
- WAVEFORM – Select 1 of 8 waveforms for LFO Mode.
- MULTI – Mode dependent. Automated Frequency Sweep, Envelope Freeze, LFO Speed Ramping. Hold in Set Mode while bypassed to sweep frequency momentarily.
- BYPASS – Engage or disengage the effect. Hold in Set Mode to Tune.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.