Damnation Audio MBD-1 Original MOSFET Bass Distortion
The Damnation Audio MOSFET Bass Distortion was originally intended as a distortion pedal for low-tuned, high-output basses. Jeff searched long and hard for a pedal that could get him the smooth distorted bass sounds he heard in other people’s rigs but without having to sacrifice his ape-like pick attack in Drop A# while pushing an unreasonably high output signal. He couldn’t find it, so he had to build his own.
- Gain: Controls the amount of input gain of the distortion channel.
- Level: Controls the output level of the distortion channel.
- Tone: Tilt-style tone control for the distortion channel centered around 300Hz or 600Hz, depending on position of Shift switch.
- Shift: Down position centers the Tone control at 300Hz with a 10dB cut at the center frequency. Up position centers the Tone control at 600Hz with a 6dB cut at the center frequency.
- Clean: Controls output level of parallel JFET clean channel. The clean channel features a low pass filter with a corner frequency at 1K Hz to retain punchy low end without unnecessary clank.
- Depth: Controls the amount of low end injected into the distortion channel. Depth settings below 12:00 will tighten up the distortion to retain clarity with drop-tuned basses without sacrificing low end. Higher depth settings will thicken up bright basses and add mass to standard-tuned instruments.
- Boost Trim: Internal trim pot (left hand side when looking at the PCB with the foot switch at the bottom of the enclosure) which controls the amount of input gain to accommodate a wide range of basses. Boost range is from 3dB to 29dB of boost. Set at the factory at around 9 dB boost, which works well with most basses.
- Bias Trim: Internal trim pot (right hand side when looking at PCB) which controls the bias of the parallel JFET clean channel. Set at the factory for maximum clean headroom.
Use only 9VDC 2.1mm center negative (boss-style) power adapters. Isolated pedal specific power supplies are highly recommended. Damnation Audio pedals are designed for maximum headroom and ideal performance with a 9V supply. Going above 9VDC will damage your pedal and void any warranties. Damnation Audio pedals do not accept 9V batteries.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.