ThroBak 64 MXV Stratocaster Pickup Set, Parchment
Neck 6.0K, Middle 5.8k, Bridge 6.0K (6.5k hot bridge option), long A5 rod magnets.
ThroBak '64 MXV Stratocaster pickup repros duplicate the tone, look and feel of the first classic Grey Bottom pickups that Fender produced. The combination of our custom USA Cast and ground A5 rod magnets wound with 42 AWG Plain Enamel wire give the magical articulation and low end depth that is the signature tone of these early Grey Bottom Strat pickups. With the '64 MXV Stratocaster pickup set, neck tones are full, middle tones punch and bridge tones have a low end depth that swells after the note is picked.
In order to maximize this low end depth we carefully choose 42 AWG PE magnet wire that falls within a specific ohms per foot tolerance. In keeping with our Maximum Vintage we apply towards our well know PAF repros, we wind every coil with the same vintage model Meteor ME-481A pickup winder used by Fender in the 60's. All of these details assure that every set of ThroBak '64 MXV Strat pickups have the authentic vintage tone and attack along with the neck, middle and bridge pickup balance.
Both standard and hot bridge pickup options can be chosen from the drop down menu. Vintage right handed pole stagger comes standard with left handed Vintage stagger as an option. For those that prefer flat poles you can choose our Vintage inductance flat pole option as well.
Every '64 MXV pickup set is topped off with our very own custom Stratocaster pickup cover repros, available in Parchment, Aged White and Heavily Aged White. ThroBak '64 MXV Strat pickups nail the tone and look of vintage Stratocaster pickups of this era
- Vintage formulation, USA made, Alnico 5 rod magnets copied from vintage '63/'64 Stratocaster pickup magnets.
- Fullerton spec. coils wound on the same model vintage Meteor ME-481A pickup winder used to wind 60's era vintage Fender Stratocaster pickups.
- Vintage Spec. Plain Enamel 42AWG magnet wire made with vintage coating and processes. Made in USA.
- ThroBak exclusive, vintage finish, Nylon reproduction pickup covers in Parchment, Aged White and Heavily Aged White. Made in USA.
- Grey Bottom, USA made, vulcanized fiberboard flatwork bobbin construction.
- Vintage right hand stagger
- Vintage induction profile, flat poles option that preserves the inductance signature of the vintage staggered poles.
- Vintage stranded cloth covered push back wire with vintage correct un-tinned strands.
- Made in USA
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.