EVH Wolfgang WG Standard QM w/Floyd Rose, Chlorine Burst
Offering many of the blazing features as its more expensive brethren, this axe features a basswood body with special “comfort cut” forearm contour for maximum playing ease, along with attractive masked-off natural body binding and an elegant quilt maple top. Its bolt-on baked maple neck with graphite-reinforcement rods holds strong against the ravages of temperature and humidity, while a conveniently located spoke wheel at the base of the neck makes for quick and painless truss rod adjustments. Designed for comfortable playability and speed, the Wolfgang WG Standard also features a smooth oiled finish on the back of the neck and a 12”-16” compound radius baked maple fingerboard with rolled edges, 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays.
Dual EVH® Wolfgang humbucking pickups mounted directly to the body increase vibration transfer, resulting in sustain for days on end. The black knurled tone and volume control knobs have been dialed-in to Van Halen’s exacting specifications—the smooth-feeling 500k pots make it easy to find a unique sound while retaining the crisp high-end sparkle of the Wolfgang pickups. The EVH-branded Floyd Rose® Special bridge and R2 locking nut consistently keep the instrument in tune through the deepest whammy dives and horse whinnies.
Tested live onstage where it counts, the Wolfgang WG Standard QM is decked out for playing performance and comfort, and available in an array of stage-stealing finishes with black headstocks and black chrome hardware.
The baked maple neck and baked maple fingerboard offer increased stability, crystal clear, bright tones and exquisite style with its warmer hue and beautiful grain definition. Roasting the neck and fingerboard removes moisture from the wood, making it more resistant to humidity shifts and warping.
The innovative 12"-16" compound radius design features a fingerboard that gradually flattens toward the heel from its smaller and more rounded profile at the nut. This makes for unparalleled comfortable chording and riffing near the nut, with optimal shred articulation and bending near the heel.
Humidity and temperature fluctuations wreak havoc on a guitar’s neck. With the truss rod adjustment wheel placed at the heel of the neck, you (or your guitar tech) can quickly insert a 1.5 mm Allen wrench between the strings for seamless neck relief tweaks on the fly.
The innovative 12"-16" Compound Radius Maple Fingerboard design gradually flattens toward the heel from its smaller and more rounded profile at the nut for unparalleled comfortable chording and riffing near the nut and seamless bending near the heel. Maple is a dense wood that produces bright, snappy tones, articulate notes with bite and a tight low end. Versus a 24-fret neck, a 22-fret layout shifts the neck pickup farther away from the bridge, centering it at the “sweet spot” and resulting in an overall warmer tone. The jumbo fret wire slightly increases the distance between string and fingerboard for seamless and comfortable bends.
- Series - Wolfgang® Standard
- Color - Chlorine Burst
- Number of Strings - 6
- Orientation - Right-Hand
- Body Finish - Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape - Wolfgang®
- Body Material - Basswood
- Body Binding - Masked Off Natural Body Binding
- Body Top - Quilt Maple
- Bridge Pickup - Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Neck Pickup - Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Pickup Color - Black
- Controls - Volume with Treble Bleed Circuit, Tone
- Pickup Switching - 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration - HH
- Neck Material - Baked Maple
- Neck Construction - Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Thickness - .790" at 3rd fret & .880" at 12th fret
- Neck Finish - Oiled
- Neck Shape - Wolfgang® Backshape
- Scale Length - 25.5" (64.77 cm)
- Fingerboard Radius - 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Fingerboard Material - Baked Maple
- Number of Frets - 22
- Fret Size - Jumbo
- Nut Material - Floyd Rose® R2 Locking
- Nut Width - 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays - Black Dot
- Side Dots - Black
- Truss Rod Nut - Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Truss Rod Wrench - 2.5 mm Hex
- String Trees - Floyd Rose® Retainer Bar
- Headstock - EVH® Wolfgang®
- Bridge - EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Special Locking Tremolo
- Hardware Finish - Black Chrome
- Tremolo Arm - Floyd Rose® Special Locking
- Tuning Machines - EVH®-Branded
- Control Knobs - Black Knurled with White Indicator
- Switch Tip - Black
- Strings - Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Strap Buttons - Oversized
- Case/Gig Bag - Optional EVH® Wolfgang® Hardshell (p/n 009-0916-000); Optional EVH® Black Gig Bag (p/n 022-1512-006)
- Included Accessories - Tremolo Arm, Hex Keys & User Manual
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.