Hughes & Kettner Spirit AmpMan 50-watt Floor Amplifier, Modern
Legendary Tone - Professional Features:
- Two strictly analog channels with fully independent controls
- Channel-tailored Boost
- Switchable, serial FX loop
- Powerful tone control that sweeps from British to Californian flavor
- Presence and resonance power amp voicing to bring out the best in your stomp boxes
- Unique sagging control that lets you dial in sweet power amp saturation at any volume
- Master volume plus switchable solo volume
- Built-In IDB noise gate
- Red Box AE+ DI-out with 8 cabinet simulations that delivers studio quality tone straight to desk
- Stereo Aux-In lets you jam to play alongs an makes in-ear monitoring is an exercise in convenience
- Adjustable stereo headphones out
- Integrated 50 watts Ultra-Response power amp
Making the most of ever square meter inside the chassis, AmpMan is as small as it needs to be yet big enough to hold a treasure-trove of tech, features and sound. On top of that, it’s a real powerhouse with plenty of juice to rock even a 4×12″ speaker cab.
All that musical might comes courtesy of the specially developed Ultra Response power amp. Cranking out up to 50 watts of deliciously dynamic power, its punch and feel rivals that of any similarly rated tube power amp. It sends every single watt to the speaker with that spine-tingling dynamic response intact and translated into impressive sound pressure. And the Ultra Response power amp stays true to its musical character even at an all-out roar.
For almost 40 years, we’ve been exploring the origin of the tonal magic of tube amplifiers more and more deeply. And what became obvious is this: it’s about way more than just the tube. The true tonal magic emerges from all the ‘weird’ dynamic interactions between the single circuit sections and the amp stages, the transformers and the speakers.
Together, these highly complex and dynamic physical phenomena create that rich, organic and tactile sound experience guitar players are looking for.
The Spirit Tone Generator technology faithfully recreates the natural yet wildly complex interactions of traditional tube amp circuits in a ‘bionic’ way. This miniature masterpiece distills the essence of tube amp physics, with all of the intensity and responsive tonal behaviour, into a compact, strictly analog circuit that promises unbridled playing pleasure.
AmpMan features two fully independent channels with dedicated Gain, Tone, Resonance, Presence, Sagging and Volume controls and pre-gain Boost fine-tuned for that channel. This means you don’t have to entertain any compromises when voicing channels and setting volume levels. Total tonal freedom is within easy reach! And you can let that freedom ring loud and clear with the nifty Solo function. With this special feature, AmpMan not only strikes the right tone; it does so at the right volume. The built-in footswitches select channels and activate Boost, the FX Loop and the Solo function. If you wish, AmpMan can even recall your Solo, Boost and FX Loop settings when you switch channels.
- POWER OUTPUT: 50 watts @ 4 Ohms, 25 watts @ 8 Ohms, 12.5 watts @ 16 Ohms
- CHANNELS: 2 fully independent channels
- NOISE GATE: IDB (Intelligent Dual Breakpoint) Noise Gate
- BOOST: Channel-tailored Boost, switchable
- SOLO CONTROL: adjustable 0 t0 +6 dB, switchable
- FX-LOOP: serial, switchable
- RED BOX AE+: Mic/Line-level, XLR-balanced
- 1: 1×12″ Modern Thiele Port
- 2: 2×12″ Modern Front Port
- 3: 2×12″ Vintage Open Back
- 4: 4×10″ Alnico Open Back
- 5: 4×12″ Vintage Cab
- 6: 4×12″ British Cab
- 7: 4×12″ Modern Cab
- 8: 4×12″ American Cab
- AUX INPUT: Mini jack, 3.5 mm stereo
- PHONES/LINE JACK: 3.5 mm stereo, 50 Ohms
- SPEAKER OUT: 4 to 16 Ohms
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D): 250 x 52 x 153 mms
- WEIGHT: 1.150 g
- DIMENSIONS POWER SUPPLY (W X H X D): 129 x 32 x 52 mms
- WEIGHT POWER SUPPLY: 280 g
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.