Valco KGB-DIST Distortion
The Valco KGB DIST is a multi- function / tone-sculpting distortion machine, designed to work within a soundcreation chain or as a regular standalone distortion pedal (and everything in between!).
- Variable Input Impedance Selection
- Multi-diode Distortion featuring independent ’Op-Amp,’ ‘LED’, ‘Silicon’ and ‘Germanium’ circuits.
- Blend dist/dry mix fader
- Polarity Reverse Switch 0/180- reverses the Dry audio signal polarity to be used in conjunction with the BLEND function. 180 setting allows for some frequency cancellation between the DRY and DIST signals, and is used for alternative Blended tones.
The KGB Series is designed specifically to work with K (keys, synths), G (guitar), and B (bass). The Variable Input Impedance works best with passive instruments (guitar / bass) and allows tone-sculpting with or without the fuzz circuit engaged. Lower settings yield softer dynamics / transients with a notable ‘rounded / vintage’ feel and tone. Higher settings give a sharper high frequency response with a more direct / aggressive transient feel and more perceived gain. This makes for a great ’shaping’ control, where you can tune the pedal for it’s best response to the pickups you are using and how you want them to react / feel.
- Impedance Selector - Changes the input impedance value, allowing you to change the tonality of the distortion, dry signal, or any other pedal down the line. Recreates lower impedance sounds of vintage pedals. Allows you to alter/tune the transient/dynamic response of your guitar and signal path.
- LINE / INST Switch - Activates the Impedance Selector when set to ‘Inst’. In ‘Line’ position, impedance is fixed (10k).
- Ø - 0º In-Phase setting, or 180º Out-of-Phase setting.
- Blend Fader - Controls the mix between your distortion and dry signal. Fully up is 100% distortion. Fully down is 100% clean but with the signal routed through the Impedance Selector.
- DISTORTION - Controls the amount of Distortion.
- FILTER - Controls the tonal voicing of the distortion via a 1-pole low pass filter (LPF).
- OUTPUT - Controls the overall output volume of the Distortion section/circuit. Increased output headroom so you’ll never go unheard!
- VOICE - OP - Op-Amp circuit where the distortion is generated by the LM308 itself entering clipping. LED - unique “soft-clipping” generated using back to back LEDs. Si - Silicon diode circuit using back to back silicon diodes. Ge - Germanium diode circuit using back to back Schottky diodes.
The analog circuitry includes a fully regulated analog ground for maximum immunity form hum, power supply variations and battery aging. All active components are surface mounted. PCBs and ribbon are cables used throughout. No unreliable point‐to point wiring. Lead and cadmium free construction (RoHS).
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.