Strymon Brig dBucket Delay
The delays that become true classics do not simply repeat the notes you play. They do something special to each delay repeat – something that evokes a feeling, fueling the music and inspiring you. Plug into Brig, play a note, and you’re instantly drawn in by repeats that evolve with captivating complexity and uncommonly rich tonal characteristics. Brig delivers all the warmth, subtle grit and unique tactile playing experience of analog bucket brigade delays (BBDs), offering three distinct delay voicings in one highly addictive stereo pedal.
Brig’s stunning dBucket sound generation gives you three different and meticulously crafted analog delay voicings. The 3205 voice delivers gritty repeats that can morph as it feeds back, creating sounds ranging from gorgeous slapback echoes to psychedelic sci-fi effects. The 3005 voice recreates a dual MN3005 BBD chip circuit running at 15V for longer delay times, higher headroom, and warm repeats with a soft, dreamlike quality. The Multi voice features two cross-coupled, super-clean dBucket delay lines with golden ratio timing to create complex soundscapes and a huge stereo soundfield that remains musical and clean even while sitting on the edge of self-oscillation.
Brig is a triumph of compact design, offering a huge amount of power and flexibility in an elegantly small form factor: Three truly distinct delay voices. Artifact-free tap tempo. Stereo operation. Straightforward responsive controls and expression pedal capability. High-impedance, ultra-low noise discrete Class A JFET stereo input preamp for exceptional touch sensitivity, dynamics and feel. MIDI control for tempo, patch save/recall, and more. Premium components, rugged construction, and a USB jack for controlling the pedal via MIDI from a computer or for performing firmware updates.
Brig’s voices are crafted with an attention to detail that encompasses not only the characteristics of the BBD chips, but also the surrounding circuitry responsible for turning those early designs into the classics they are considered today. Companding, filtering, and noise reduction techniques played important parts in the final sound and dynamic response of those time-honored delay circuits, and Brig has captured them all.
Brig features full MIDI implementation and 300 presets, allowing you to control it remotely by sending MIDI commands from your controller or DAW via the EXP/MIDI jack or USB-C connection. Remotely bypass or engage the pedal, automate decay time or other knob adjustments in your DAW or recall unique presets for each song on your setlist — the possibilities with MIDI are limitless.
Brig lets you choose between electromechanical relay-switched true bypass for a 100% untouched and unprocessed signal when the pedal is not engaged (which is the default), or our premium buffered bypass, which preserves your signal’s integrity by preventing the high frequency roll-off that can happen due to longer cable runs.
Even though it might look like it’s a standard mono effect, there’s no need to make compromises when it comes to signal routing or pedal placement with Brig — it’s a stereo delay pedal with full stereo in/out capabilities. Equipped with a single TRS input and TRS output jack, the pedal keeps to a compact form factor while still giving you the option to use it in stereo. A dedicated rear panel Input switch allows you to determine the audio routing, selecting between Mono In → Mono Out, Mono In → Stereo Out, or Stereo In → Stereo Out (stereo in and out requires a TRS cable for each jack).
- High impedance ultra low-noise discrete Class A JFET TRS stereo input
- Low impedance TRS stereo output
- Expression pedal input allows the connection of a TRS expression pedal, MiniSwitch, MultiSwitch Plus, or TRS MIDI connection
- USB jack for controlling via MIDI from a computer or for performing firmware updates
- Premium JFET analog front end
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters provide uncompromising audio quality
- 520MHz ARM Superscalar processor
- 32-bit floating point processing
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- Audio Input Impedance: 1M Ohm
- Audio Output Impedance: 100 Ohm
- Typical signal to noise ratio: 116dB
- Strong and lightweight anodized aluminum chassis
- Power requirements: maximum 9 volts DC center-negative, with a minimum of 250mA (power supply NOT included)
- Dimensions: 4.6” deep x 2.7” wide x 2.5” tall, 11.7 cm deep x 6.9 cm wide x 6.4 cm tall
- Designed and built in the USA
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.