Crazy Tube Circuits Unobtanium Dual Overdrive
Introducing the Unobtanium, a rare sonic element born out of legendary tones!
A mythical overdrive meets the tone and feel of two iconic amplifiers. We have accurately recreated the circuit of the high headroom overdrive with the magic blend of clean and overdriven tones and added extra features for versatility. The amp-in-a-box section uses an all-analog circuit to capture the essence of two legendary D-style tube amplifiers. From tube-like compressed fat clean to sweet singing overdrive with blooming harmonic overtones. Combine both sides for near infinite smooth sustain and enter sonic bliss while a passive series effects loop gives you the option to connect your beloved pedals between the overdrive and amp section, building your ideal rig.
Right side: faithful reproduction of the mythical overdrive circuit including the fabled germanium diodes
- Wide gain range control: from transparent boost to high headroom overdrive
- Treble control is an active circuit to boost or cut treble
- Volume knob sets overall output. Huge amount of dB boost available
- Toggle switch to select between the original buffer bypass to add clarity and run long cables or true bypass
- Toggle switch to select between stock clipping / compression or enhanced gain and headroom/output as you turn gain knob clockwise
Left side: D-style amp in a box overdrive
- Gain control: from clean boost to sweet singing overdrive
- Emphasis control is a pre-drive EQ to control presence and bottom end response
- Tone knob controls the amount of post overdrive high end frequencies
- Volume knob sets overall output. Match bypassed volume or use as a clean boost or preamp
- Toggle switch selects between 2 distinct D-style overdrive circuits
- SSS: clean and transparent overdrive with natural organic compression
- ODS: higher gain overdrive with enhanced mid frequencies and harmonic overtones
- External footswitch input to select amplifier voicing (bypasses on board toggle switch)
- Internal trimmers adjust EQ and volume boost of D-style overdrive voicings
Passive series effects loop to connect other pedals between the two sections or use them separately as independent effects. Runs internally at 18V DC for higher headroom and tube-like performance. Top mounted jacks. Click-less True Bypass design via high quality relays.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.