Swindler Effects The Gulf V2 Chorus
Ready to experience the intense ebb and flow of one of the most versatile, feature-packed chorus pedals ever produced? Meet THE GULF. The Gulf is a fully analog bucket brigade chorus/vibrato with digital control. It packs all of the most popular chorus features into a small, affordable package.
- Version 2
- SMD Circuit Construction for increased reliability and consistency.
- Reduced bypass pop potential.
- Improved sound clarity and openness.
- Upgrade to Vimex pots, DC jack, and soft foot-switch.
- Upgrade to Neutrik jacks.
- Improved wet signal headroom
- Improved internal tone control for wider range
- Digital control over EVERY parameter
- Every control is saved in presets
- Internal micro-usb jack for customer updatable firmware
- Expanded speed ramping functionality
- Full MIDI control through TRS expression jack
The Gulf is first and foremost a stereo chorus pedal. From left to right, the upper controls are Speed, Depth, and Blend. The Speed and Depth parameters can be controlled via an external expression pedal. The Blend knob allows you to blend from dry signal, to chorus, to vibrato, and everything in-between. There are five selectable tap-tempo divisions for the speed, and a Delay knob. The Delay knob time shifts the wet signal to create more extreme warble.
The Gulf contains one onboard, savable preset. Holding the bypass and tap-tempo footswitches simultaneously will save the active controls to the on-board preset. The middle (blue) LED lights up to indicate whether the preset is active. Depending on the expression configuration, the preset can be activated by holding the bypass switch or through an external favorite switch.
Holding the tap-tempo footswitch will activate a ramp function, and the speed of the chorus will increase or decrease on each hold depending on the ramping mode selected. Adjusting the speed knob while holding the tap-tempo footswitch will change the speed of the ramp. Adjusting the toggle switch while holding the tap-tempo footswitch will change the ramping mode.
Finally, there is a 3-way waveform toggle (W). Left is sine wave, middle is triangle, and right is a less common square wave which can create some unique sounds.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.