Hudson Broadcast 24V Preamp Overdrive
Transformer coupled Class A Pre-amplifier
The BC-24V-USA runs internally at 24 volts from a standard 9 volt supply. The increased voltage gives extra headroom and a tighter low end, which is fantastic if you are looking for a little less saturation and grit, but without losing that unique sound of the Broadcast. The BC-24V-USA comes finished turquoise-green.
This transformer-coupled, discrete Class-A germanium circuit takes its inspiration from classic recording consoles of the 1960’s. The unique way in which the circuit saturates and colors your signal can be used to produce biting clean boosts, subtly colored and thickened signals with a frayed‐at‐the‐edge quality or ‐ when pushed – a unique sounding overdrive with a fuzzy, fried texture.
The pedal also features a 3 position gain switch offering LOW–MID–HIGH modes. In LOW mode the pedal has the most headroom and stays fairly clean across the it’s range, while retaining coloration from its germanium circuit and transformer – perfect if you use higher output pickups, baritone, bass or keyboards The MID mode is voiced to sound and behave like the regular version of the Broadcast - still pretty clean but adding more grit and saturation to the mix. HIGH mode (like on the standard Broadcast) heads into overdrive, distortion and fuzz but with a slightly tighter low end.
- Selected Germanium transistor
- TRIAD Magnetics steel-core transformer
- BI Technologies potentiometers
- Lumberg jack sockets
- Heavy duty Alpha foot switches (wired for true bypass and rated for >30,000 cycles)
- Three position gain switch
- Each and every Hudson Electronics pedal is built by hand onto a high-end PCB. Assembly, hand-wiring, testing and packaging is all done by Michael Hudson
- LEVEL - Controls the overall volume of the pedal
- GAIN SWITCH - Selects low, medium or high gain mode
- GAIN TRIM - Controls the gain level of the Broadcast 24v (at higher settings the high-end of the signal is gently rolled off)
- LOW CUT - Attenuates the low-end of the Broadcast 24v. Since this control lies at the front end of the unit’s circuitry, it is interactive with the gain controls
THIS VERSION OF THE BROADCAST CONTAINS A VOLTAGE BOOSTER TO INCREASE THE VOLTAGE OF THE POWER SUPPLY UNIT FROM 9V UP TO 24V. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RUN THIS PEDAL AT POWER SUPPLY VOLTAGES HIGHER THAN 9.6VDC AS THIS MAY DAMAGE THE PEDAL AND VOID ITS WARRANTY!
DC SOCKET - The Broadcast 24v requires a DC power supply unit (PSU). Please ensure your PSU can supply between 9v, a minimum current of 50mA and has a 2.1mm negative centre barrel plug. Any other type may damage your pedal. If you plan on sharing the same PSU with other pedals, we recommend using a PSU with isolated outputs, such as the Voodoo Labs PP2.
CURRENT DRAW - 50mA maximum
DIMENSIONS - 120 x 100 x 65mm
Full two year Warranty
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.